How To Look after Your UNCU London silk Products
Use the delicate cycle and 30 degree machine or hand-wash. It's best to wash your silk products separate from other items or you can use a mesh laundry bag when you are machine washing. We also recommend using detergent that's designed for silk, such as PH neutral liquid washing detergent. Always use a detergent that doesn't contain enzymes or bleach as that may damage your silk products. When it comes to drying, air drying is best and not in direct sunlight, as this may compromise the look and feel. In the event your silk comes out wrinkled, we suggest steaming your pillowcase with a steam iron on low heat.
To keep your UNCU London Silk favourites in the best condition and lasting longer, here's what we recommend:
- Avoid using powder detergents.
- Always use a pH neutral liquid detergent that doesn't contain bleach (bleach damages silk)
- Avoid washing silk with other clothes (it will make the silk foggy and bland, it will also lose its softness)
- Wash your silk with other silk and always use a delicates laundry bag. (Using a laundry bag will protect silk and it will not get tangled with other items.)
- Machine wash on 30°C using gentle wash or delicates program.
- Reduce spin time if you can
- Do not tumble dry.
- Always dry your silk naturally - hang to dry.
- No direct sunlight. Dry your silk indoors where possible.
- If your silk does get wrinkled, use a steam iron on 'silk' mode on low heat.
- Hand-wash with a gentle ph neutral detergent. Use fabric conditioner as it can maximise its softness & shine.
- Keep out of reach of pets & sharp objects.
Silk face masks
Exclusive Travel Pouch
You wouldn’t wipe your face with the bottom of your handbag or the inside of your pocket - but you might as well if you keep your face mask in unsuitable places! All our face masks come with a protective travel pouch to keep them clean until the next use (although we’d recommend washing after every public use, if possible).
Spread the word, and do it in style with UNCU London!
Get in touch via Chat or email if you still have questions - we are always happy to help!